Monday, September 23, 2013

How Could I Have Nothing NEW To Wear?

That's the question:  "How could I have nothing NEW to wear - something that I made?"  Wednesday I leave for one of my favorite sewing shows, the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI.  I will be greeting visitors into the Social Media Lounge as they recharge batteries, take a few minutes to Face Book, blog and meet sewing celebrities.  So what am I going to wear?  Yes, I have been sewing, but this year I have been quilting more than garment construction.  I certainly cannot wear my quilt blocks.  :) 

This is what I intended to stitch and wear ..........

Jacket Express #218
Janet Pray, Islander Sewing Systems

. . . . but the fabric is still folded neatly in my sewing queue.  I have this beautiful navy with shades of blue and white vines and just a hint of green cotton fabric with just 1% Spandex that should sew easily and wear comfortably. 

I love Janet Pray's Islander Sewing System patterns with tested well written instructions and especially for this pattern has an expedited construction order.  Now, doesn't that sound interesting... expedited construction order.  To learn more about how Janet constructs this pattern take her Craftsy class.  Her class went live this summer and already has had over 3,000 students. . . . and I too will be one of her students.

Meet me this weekend in the Social Media Lounge at the American Sewing Expo.  What will you be wearing?
Sew SCHMETZ!
Rhonda
www.SCHMETZneedles.com

www.islandersewing.com
www.craftsy.com
www.americansewingexpo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget